Monday, December 30, 2013

2013 Highlights

Hi sweethearts!!!
I wanted to take a few minutes to remember 2013 with you all. It has been a HUGE year for me personally and I am forever grateful that you guys care about what I'm doing, read my blog, like my Facebook posts, enjoy my crazy outfits, send me inspiring messages, and chat with me on a daily basis. I can not even begin to describe how much you guys fascinate me. I consider everyone on my Facebook page my friend and a part of my life. I know it seems silly, but it's true.

And before I start my trip down memory lane, I would like to say a huge thanks to my friends at Gothic Lolita Wigs. Without them, I would not be who I am now. ♡♡

In 2013...


I attended my first anime convention.


I went to Anime Matsuri in Houston, TX as a model for Gothic Lolita Wigs. I had SO much fun meeting new friends and the Houston Lolitas! They are the cutest people I've ever seen!!!
You can see photos and read about my trip here > CLICK ME! 
 I am pleased to announce that I will be attending this convention again in 2014. 
Later in 2013, I also attended Animazement (Raleigh, NC) and Otakon (Baltimore, MD). 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

I walked in my first J-fashion show.

photo: Charles Lin Photography

Baby, the Stars Shine Bright x Alice and the Pirates Fashion Show.
I was sooo nervous but OMG. IT WAS SO EXCITING AND FUN!!! I had no idea! I am usually a quiet and shy person, but once I got out on that stage, it was like a whole new me! I am officially hooked!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥


I met Misako Aoki, Midori Fukasawa, Tomomi Nakamura (designer of AatP), and Masumi Kano (designer of BtSSB), and Waveya.



They were all so nice and adorable (and tiny)!! Midori is seriously the cutest person I've ever met. I can't even handle her cuteness, even looking back in my memory! omgggg *cute overload* hehehe *falls over*

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

The launch of Dolluxe


If you would have told me a year ago that my face would be on the packaging of the nicest lashes I've ever put on my peepers, I would have laughed in your face.

It still blows my mind!!! How cool!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

I made my first cosplay.


Hermione Granger from Harry Potter. ;D
♡♡♡♡♡♡

For Halloween, I made a quick (but awesome) Edward Scissorhands costume. I do plan to make the hands higher quality and then I will consider it a completed cosplay as well. xD


:') Happinesssssss
I am already sketching my 2014 cosplays. ;D I think I am hooked on cosplaying now too!!!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

I moved back to my home state!


Goodbye DC, helloooooo North Carolina!!!!~ YAYYY! All the happiness!!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥




I started making Daily Style Posts to share my style with my fans! The messages I receive from young girls and boys who tell me that I have inspired to be themselves and dress however they want makes this easily my favorite part of running my page and blog. :')
Also in 2013, Romwe became an official sponsor. All these different outfits in my Daily Style posts wouldn't be possible without the clothes from their awesome shop!!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

My Facebook fan page grew to 40,000+ fans!


:') 
Guysssss.... ;u; I can't.... you guys rock.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

& that's 2013 in review. What an amazing year. I can't wait to see what 2014 holds!! We are going to be kicking it off in an awesome way, so make sure to visit my Facebook page on January 1st! HINT HINT!!!! 

I love you all very much!! xoxoxoxo forever!
♡Alexa

Instagram: @alexapoletti
Twitter: @alexapoletti






1 comment:

  1. Wow you've had a fab year indeed! Loved reading this post and yes, I agree with you that Romwe is amazing. All the best pieces of my wardrobe are from them! Congrats on the Dolluxe feature and fan milestone! I wish you a very happy 2014
    xx
    www.junewantsitall.com

    ReplyDelete